Wednesday, May 6, 2015

zentangle, scherenschnitte and baby lanterns

It is Wednesday!  We inch ever closer to Thursday night.  I have some ideas up my sleeve for Kitsch Witchery.  This week I'll be focusing on meditative art.  Due to the wildness of the full moon this week and all the havoc that spring has sprung, it is time to try something a bit new.  I have yet to truly dive headlong into meditative art; an art form that some religious person would definitely tell you is 'of the devil'.  But meditations are not bad.  Indeed, prayers are meditations and so are using mala beads and rosaries.  This week, I'll be counterbalancing all the upheaval with some zentangle.  It is a form of meditative art and, one could say, is exactly what I've been doing with my pen and ink drawings to some degree.  I'll also be creating (or attempting to create) some cut paper birds in scherenschnitte style.  I have been inspired by the baby Chinese lanterns growing in my garden.  It is time to seed sow a little bit. I'll wait for my sunflowers but the lanterns are starting now and they are incredibly cute!  So is the mint!  Hip hip hooray for the month of May!

No comments:

Post a Comment