Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Feast and Fuel
Listening to you has been the best fuel for my soul. I guess I've felt out of it at times. I've been running on empty. You feed me in the best way. You listen and respond. I am in my repose. I don't want to let go but I have to. She drags away the mask of who she was. Does she really have to let it go? I don't want to. I don't want to say good bye to that girl. Am I her anymore? Scrolls of hair drag down in the humidity. Not who I was before. Mint leaves over little skulls. Not a happy girl. But yellow trees and blue sky symphonies have been my days. The bird songs in the backdrop. I try to soak it up now. The setting sun. As I sat there, I knew it was over. The fish jumped high in the morning sun breaking the surface of the pond. The birds swooped in and made themselves known. Things started moving as I set out alone. I didn't want to say good bye. But I took that moment to do so. Now, I'm at another crossroads of leaving. I don't want to let go because I never do. Who will you be tomorrow? Where will you go? Life is leading the dance. I can reminisce but I can not come back again. There are crucial times in our life when we must make the correct decision. Sit back with memories, the prom of the ancient shimmering isles where all the magic began. Realizing I'm older, the feast must change. We eat different ideas as we grow old. The maiden must make her way. Ways must part. Now, we each must start. Light the torch anew. I am now in transition. The middle road must be mine. Holding out each hand to bridge the gap. From the young to the old. Hold all the knowledge you can. I don't want to make the trek alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment