Monday, May 4, 2015

full bloom moon flower

The moon appears to be hazy from the front window.  It is not Thursday night tonight, but the kitchen is still sitting there.  It's waiting.  The art is waiting, too.  I haven't honed any skills by taking classes or showing work.  I haven't listened to criticisms.  I'm still hanging out in the kitchen waiting right in front of the back door.  I can go back and visit this scene at different times.  What year is it?  Instead of a small dog, there is no dog and instead of multiple projects, there is one objective.  Since we had ditched the outdoor sleeping idea, we snuck inside.  And then we felt compelled to move through haunted hallways and rooms.  It was a mind game we played.  By the end, I was standing in my own urine and others were screaming and terrified.  The back kitchen door.  Frightening.  But, back to this minute.  It is the back kitchen door on a full moon night and nothing prevents me from walking through it.  ~~  Some people have dreams of lush meadows and gardens and gatherings.  I have one simple dream.  To squeeze a small oasis out of a dirt patch.  It's proved next to impossible but it remains a dream.  Ghosts skim the mud puddles and moss.  Gravels roads, gasoline and mints line my dream alley.  If getting the moon flower to grow in this environment is not impossible, it is, at the least, very difficult.  On nights like this, from the back kitchen window, I dream of the difficult and almost impossible.  The small dream of one flower combining with the others.  A sort of flower magic that makes a promise.  Things can be hard but not impossible.  Happiness is not a dream or mirage.  Something real, deliberate and beautiful can and will make the difference. ~k

No comments:

Post a Comment