(from November 15, 2011)
For people who know me, they will inevitably know about the treepeople. These are beings who came to me relatively early on in life and have been my saving grace and the very foundation of my personal beliefs and my creative outlets. I am thankful for the gifts of this tribe. This tribe who saved me. I am forever in their debt. Beings I created... with a pen, who jumped from the page to be my friends in the lonliest of times. I called them the treepeople from the beginning and they went with me through my school age years and into college. They followed me into independence and into my marriage. They come through me to the pen and give me courage. Is it strange to be grateful for one's creations? I say yes. I am eternally grateful to them. Had I not had that shot of inspiration early, I may have talked myself out of a lifelong love affair with art. I may not have gone with them through the woods as I sat in the dark with a candle and music and let them flow. I had dreams early on to make them lifesized... and live with these lifesized guardians in a room.. such is the mystical woodland in my mind that is full of them. I still strive to bring them to full scale through any kind of sculpting method possible. For now they still come forth from the pen as always... bringing me love and thoughts and experiences. When I saw them and created them and talked to them I did not know anything about any other mythological beings. I had never heard of these types of creatures... they were simply there and to me that is magical. I guess it's a story about my youth and my being. They are me.. My energy is theirs. Simply put, I feel they are the expression of the very tribe of which I wish to be a part. For now more will come through. More pieces of the wood revealed and I will continue to follow them as I always have down the forest paths of my mind. This is my story... my earliest art adventure and the story of my childhood. It is my greatest adventure and I continue to look forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment