Sunday, December 6, 2015
the Dried Bouquet Hallway
Kitsch Witchery and my maniacal domestic bliss converge into plans for decorating and celebrating for these long lost holy days or holidays or sabats or solstices or equinoxes. Remainder and reminder. I'm a domestic lady, for now. No peeling wallpaper, thank you, but there is chipped paint. The lavender out in frost will be brought in to thaw and dry and be hung in my dried bouquet hallway. An entire hallway space dedicated to my outdoor grown herbs and flowers to dry. Makes sense and a use for the space, which at present is clogged with all kinds of crap. Dried mint, etc. will hang there. I like the smells. I'll need a skinny bench to work there, too, and my seed cupboard and shelves in the hallway. I don't can (yet). I don't sew (yet). I don't have time (yet). Food complicates my life for now. But I'd like to have a somewhat cozy Yule, at home, with a nice little meal and candles. Curt and I relaxing with our animal babies would be nice. No running, to and fro. But that is not my "vacation". That is the ideal, of course. But not what happens these past several years. It's all running and going crazy and pulling out my hair. Trying to figure out what to do, what to get and then find time to wrap it all and get it to where it's going. The prep for this "celebration" exhausts my spirit and makes me cringe at the word 'holiday'. I choose to focus on ice, frost and snow. I choose to focus on wind, rain, sleet and slush. Hail. That's a word. What's the weather done? Perhaps I'll focus on wiping my pups muddy paws and making a window seat for my cats to doze in. Perhaps I'll just quit the maniacal business of 'rushing by' the holiday and actually TAKE a holiday. Take a break. Take a vacation. All in my own home. I'm enjoying making it better but the snail pace at which I'm getting things completed makes me anxious, irritable and envious of others who do it all better and have more time. If I can't get things completed, I don't, can't, won't enjoy the simple joy of Yule this year, let alone my birthday. That is just how I feel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment