Wednesday, March 30, 2016
trials of the heart: trial by fire
Don't say. Don't listen. Find 'em and forget 'em. Just because you can. So much beauty and yet, no soul. Where did the soul go from the pocket watch men? They used to be dapper. These days, not so much. You hang out there. On the edge of my mind's periphery, a phantom stalking beyond my view. You break my consciousness and I see you. But tonight, I'll be with you, either way. Words abound. Don't get pulled into the depths of the mire. Don't get pulled into the weight of the judgments around you. The human condition. Silence. The human need. Connection. I have paintings to go into. I go exploring. I have grass to walk on. I have dirt in my toes. Connection. For all the fancy things on earth, I'd just like to sit and be. I can live on wilderness if I have you to take me there. I need your words and your song. Like melodies on blue skies. And you've aged like a fine wine. Something eternal, immortal about your expression. Light fingers dance across the piano. Delicate long things that create such conversation in their tone. Each note a word. You've spoken. It makes me content that I could hear you. I carry you on in wind and rain. Each day, I carry you through sunlight and the sun dappled shadows. I carry you. My tinder bundle. My little fire. You keep me going in this existence of lead. Molecules of you explode in my head. Keep burning me warm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment